Stornoway Diamond Corporation (TSX:SWY) announces an update to the Renard Diamond Project Mineral Resource estimate – LONGUEUIL, Quebec, Sept. 24, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE).
- A 16% increase in the Indicated Mineral Resources of Renard 2 to 21.6 million carats achieved through the conversion of Inferred Mineral Resources to 700 meters depth.
- An 11% increase in the total Indicated Mineral Resources of the project (inclusive of the Mineral Reserve) to 30.2 million carats
- New Inferred Mineral Resources at Renard 2 defined to 850 meters depth.
- The inclusion of over 4 million tonnes of lower grade Renard 2 Country Rock Breccia (“CRB”) material in the Indicated Mineral Resource category for the first time.
- Substantial new exploration potential at Renard 2 and Renard 3 identified to 1,250 meters depth, where both kimberlites are interpreted to retain sizeable widths and remain open.
- Updated mine plan now under development to incorporate increased Indicated Mineral Resources.
Support materials that illustrate the updated Renard Mineral Resource Estimate can be found on Stornoway’s website at www.stornowaydiamonds.com/English/our-business/renard-project/technical-resources/default.aspx. Stornoway will file a Technical Report for the Renard Diamond Project under National Instrument (“NI”) 43-101 – Standards for Disclosure for Mineral Projects (“NI 43-101”) within 45 days of this release.
To read the full original press release visit the Stornoway web site at: Stornoway Announces Updated Renard Mineral Resource Estimate.