Lucapa Diamond Company Ltd. (ASX:LOM) announced the recovery of two 50+ ct diamonds in the Lulo diamond project. The press release highlights:
- Diamonds weighing 57.76 carats and 50.08 carats among 10 more large special diamonds (>10.8 carats each) recovered from Mining Block 8 at Lulo
- A total of 24 large special diamonds recovered to date from Mining Block 8
- Large diamonds being recovered from Mining Block 8 at an exceptional rate, with 22 specials recovered since 10 August 2015
- Extensive pitting and sampling program underway to expand this prolific alluvial diamond field
- Significant coarse indicator minerals recovered from Mining Block 8 continue to point to a close kimberlite source.
The press release gives no details on recovered grades, diamond price curves or about the smaller diamonds recovered. You may obtain the full press release here.